Monday, April 22, 2013

Top 10 Things I Learned at StartUP Marathon 13

I attended StartUP Marathon 13 this past weekend. I received so much great information that I needed to spend a day just processing all that I learned. And now here are some tidbits I'm going to share with you.


  1. You have to believe that you can accomplish your goals. No one can believe for you.
  2. Focus on your product or service. Outsource the tasks that distract from your focus.
  3. Get professional advice. 
  4. Know how much risk you are willing to take
  5. Have a backup plan. Then have a backup to your backup plan
  6. Identify ways to increase scaleability
  7. If you don't have a passion for what you are doing, find something else to do
  8. Success will not happen overnight. It takes drive, ambition, and most of all work
  9. There will be times you will feel overwhelmed. Just breathe. It will pass
  10. Marketing brings in customers. Great quality keeps them coming back. 

If you want to learn more about the organization that put together this awesome event, click here .
Though geared towards women, men can use this content as well. If you are a budding entrepreneur and you need some help defining your vision, contact me @ 321-800-8520.

No comments:

Post a Comment