Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Why I Transitioned to Coaching


Long before I became a life coach, long before I became a psychotherapist, I was in the IT industry. I worked for a Fortune 500 company as a software tester. I enjoyed being around my co-workers. The benefits were excellent. And I was well paid. But the work was unfulfilling.  I would come home at night and think, “Is this all there is?” So one day I decided to do some research. I attended a career exploration workshop and discovered that the career I picked wasn’t for me. Though I am an introvert, I truly enjoy helping people.

So I did more research and decided to pursue a degree in psychology. I completed my degree and obtained my license. During the process of obtaining my license, I worked with a lot of mentally unhealthy people. I also pursued the license to treat sex offenders. As you can imagine, I have heard a lot of horror stories and have helped to heal a lot of broken lives. During the process I learned several things. I learned that I don’t work well with certain populations. And that’s okay. Any therapist or coach worth his salt will tell you that you’re not a perfect fit for every client and not every client is a perfect fit for you. I learned that I need balance. Dealing with traumatic issues on a consistent basis will take a toll. I also learned that not everyone who needs help has to be mentally unstable. There are plenty of healthy people out there who need a push in the right direction. Perhaps to gain a bit of clarity in their lives. So I decided to become a life coach. I experience great joy when I see my clients make goals and achieve significant breakthroughs. It’s a win-win situation. And who doesn’t love a win? So if you are really to make some changes in your life and want a free introductory session, contact me at truechangelifecoach@gmail.com. I made some changes in my life. Isn’t it time you made some changes in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment