Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Quote of the Week: There is no greater tragedy than a life that is lived without purpose. Ed Young



There is no greater tragedy than a life that is lived without purpose.  Ed Young

Purpose - The reason for which something is created.

For awhile, I worked in nursing homes. I had countless clients, most of whom were well past the age of 75. I listened to many stories. But the ones I found the most heartbreaking were the ones from people who had not found their true purpose in life. Or if they found their purpose, squandered it.

One of my clients I remember vividly is Mr. Jones*. He was a handsome man in his day. He was also athletic and talented. But he was a bit of a ne'er do well. He spent more time in jail than out. He had plenty of potential and boatloads of squandered opportunities. But more importantly, he coasted through life, no direction, no purpose. Mr. Jones died a few months after I met him. But I would often sit and wonder what he could he have accomplished had he found his true calling and followed it. I wondered that about many of my former patients. Years before I started working in the nursing homes, I used to wonder about my own purpose. I worked for years in the IT industry, but I hated it. I didn't feel like I was making a difference. So I changed course.

Do you feel this way? Do you feel like you are drifting along in life with no direction? Are you still trying to figure out your purpose? Are you scared that you are wasting your life? Then take action today. Figure out your true path in life. But you don't have to go it alone. If you want to get out of that rut you're in, contact me today for a free coaching session. Let's get you on the right path today.

No comments:

Post a Comment