Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Twitter Tools to Make Your Life Easier - Part 1

I have to admit that of all the social media platforms, I probably like Twitter the best. It's easy to use. You can engage directly with your audience. And it's free. Can't beat free. I've also made more connections  on Twitter than on any other platform I've used. But I don't have time to send tweets all day. I'm a working girl. So I used other tools to make my life easier.




Hootsuite - If you're super busy, but need to tweet on a regular basis, Hootsuite may be the tool for you. Once you sign up, you can connect your Twitter account and schedule your tweets at regular intervals. While  the free version allows you to load tweets one at a time, the paid version allows you to upload multiple tweets. The paid version also allows you to create reports analyzing your tweets. But if you're just using it to schedule tweets during the day or night, the free version is just fine.

Buffer - Free app. Need I say more? Buffer will share content (blog posts, videos, pictures) with your audience. You can sign in with your twitter account. You can use Buffer button on Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. App is available on iPhone or Android. The cool thing about Buffer is it allows you to send out the same tweet multiple times a day. This is great if you are marketing an event or service and the tweet doesn't change. Buffer also spaces out your tweets for you. But you can change the times you want the tweets to go out.

Tweet Adder - If you're really serious about automating Twitter, this may be for you. Tweet Adder is a program that can be used on Mac, PC, or Linux. You can download the software before purchase, but full activation doesn't cost very much. Price ranges from $55 for 1 profile to $188 for unlimited profiles. Tweet Adder allows you to automate everything from finding new people to follow to sending out direct messages. I think this is a good investment if you're a hardcore marketer. But if you're just starting out, free tools are fine.

There are many more tools out there, hence the Part 1 in the title of this post. We will explore more tools next week. I think this is enough for now. Plus I want you to visit again. Until next time, peeps.

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment