Friday, April 12, 2013

Stop Being a Victim

One of the things that annoys me is a person who acts like a victim and acts like it's everyone else's fault for their lot in life. They refuse to take responsibility for their own well-being and act as if everyone should tolerate their pity party. I have worked with a lot of people who act like victims in my line of work. Here are just a few of the common things I hear.


  1. My spouse/mate keeps cheating on me.
    Here's a question. Why are you still hanging around? The reason he/she keeps cheating is because you keep taking him/her back. 
  2. I'm sitting in jail because people talk too much.
    Newsflash - You're in jail because you committed a crime. Somebody else just had enough sense to get you off the streets before you caused more damage.
  3. I don't know why I can't hold down a job. I'm a great worker. 
    So, here's the thing. If you've been fired or walked off every job you have ever held, it's not them. It's you. You may want to take a closer look at what you're doing. 
  4. I shouldn't face consequences because I was abused as a child.
    Unfortunately, many adults were abused as children. That doesn't mean you shouldn't face the consequences for your own actions.
And that's nothing compared to what I hear from sex offenders. Maybe you know someone who thinks like this. Maybe some of this thinking applies to you. The point is stop being a victim. Take responsibility for your own actions. The only person you can control is you. So why are you letting others set your agenda? If you want to be successful, then stop being a victim.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment